Saturday, February 11, 2012

Heartache Part One

I mentioned in my profile, recently experiencing heartache. On November 30th, 2011 I had a miscarriage. I was three months pregnant. Any woman who has ever had a baby knows by three months your odds of miscarrying are very slim. I never expected to lose my baby. I had heard the heartbeat, seen its tiny little body on the ultrasound screen. I had so many hopes and dreams for this precious life growing inside me, and in an instant it was all gone.
We were in Idaho celebrating thanksgiving with my husbands family. While we were there my husband's grandmother passed away. It was during the funeral I started losing the baby. Deep down I knew what was happening but my heart still held on to hope. I will never forget laying on the table in an ultrasound room, the doctor trying desperately to find the baby's heartbeat. There was only static. That sound would haunt my dreams for weeks to come. I left that doctors office a changed woman. Later that night my husband rushed me to the emergency room. After a terrifying night in the E.R. it was over. My uterus was empty, along with my heart.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sister,reading this gave me tears all over again. It is definitely the most heart breaking thing to go through, and I am sorry you had to go through it. You are an amazing and strong daughter of our Heavenly Father, and I know he loves you and is proud of the way you have been dealing with this trial, I know I am proud of you. That sweet angel had a very important mission that only they could fulfill in heaven. One day you will raise that sweet spirit, and what a lucky child to call you Mom! I love you April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your pain April. I am sorry for your loss. It really is heartbreaking. I went through two miscarriages before I finally had Karsen. I realize now how much harder it would be to loose a baby now that I know the joy they bring. Luckily your someone who pulls through tough things and you can with this too. I hope you find comfort knowing you will see this little baby again. LOVE YOU. Katrina Allen Devereaux

    ReplyDelete
  3. April as i read this my heart just thumped and thumped i even got a lump in my throat holding back the tears it brought back SO many memories not that i want to real live them but sometimes you have to re-visit those times and see where GOD HAS BROUGHT YOU. . . I'm thankful for my faith and family or i couldn't have made it through! Thanks for opening your heart and being REAL!!! Your an amazing momma and wife love hearing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. So sorry.

    Love,
    LJ

    ReplyDelete