Friday, March 16, 2012

If I could write a letter to me....

Have you ever heard that Brad Paisley song "If I could write a letter to me"? Side note.... I love Brad, story of how I met him another day. Anywho I heard this song yesterday and thought what my letter would say to myself. It would be a little different depending on the age. Sixteen would have been a lot about how I am good enough, don't waste your time on the same boy, there is a whole life waiting for you after high school, you get the idea. Twenty would've been a little different. At twenty I was living in Mesa, working for my brother trying to get my appraisal license. I LOVED working for my brother, seriously some of my favorite memories. Also at twenty most of my friends were married (if that doesn't tell you I'm Mormon I don't know what will), sadly I thought I was an old maid and would never get married. How pathetic is that!! I was also at my thinnest and thought I was fat. Not only do I want to write a letter to myself I want to go back and freaking slap myself! Oh to have that body back. Okay getting off track a little..... Anyway at first my plan for this post was to write a letter to myself at twenty and tell myself all the things I wish I'd known. But the more I started thinking about if I had known everything then I know now would I have grown as a person? Nope. All those hard times, all the boys that broke my heart, all the tests, trials, made me who I am today. So if I really truly could write a letter to my twenty year old self it would simply say this....
Dear me,
Have faith always.
Love,
Me

4 comments:

  1. I love that you share this blog with us!! It is a way for me to know your heart even better. There is SO much to love about you--so much to admire. My Son was blessed when he found you and made you his Eternal wife, best friend, and mother of his children (and my sweet daughter-in-law!!). I love your letter for yourself "Have Faith Always" that is beautiful and something I need to remember always!! You are a beautiful woman inside and out--I am so grateful for you!! Thank you for being such a wonderful wife to my son and a fantastic momma to my grandson`s!! I love you April as I love my own daughters and my other daughter-in-law--how blessed I am!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration!! And I love your message! Sometimes it's hard to have faith, but it really is what pulls us through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do realize it's killing me not commenting on these comments!!! Oh thou, you are such a queen.:) Married to the handsome and innocent king:) (love ya Kendall). But just to keep you in the good graces of the family, I won't spill my guts about the both of you perfect people:) I'll just let them wonder:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best advice for any age! I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete